viernes, octubre 28, 2005

life's just so darn random

so i was updating my personal info (yes, it is 1:18 in the morning...point??) and the offered random question of today is "what is the earliest time you got up to watch cartoons and what did you start with?" i would start at 630ish with "zoobilee zoo". it was such a weird show actually. these adults in animal costumes. i even remember the theme song (zoobilee zoo, zoobilee zoo, magic and wonder are waiting for you...gosh what a creepy kid i was!)
and later on that morning i would watch "reading rainbow". i loved, loved reading rainbow! i looked it up (on my fave online encyclopedia, of course) and it is actually STILL on the air! that made me so happy. i love that black guy! but you don't have to take my word for it! lol, good times.
and i liked transformers. they were so more than what met my eye. s. and teenage mutant ninja turtles. i wanted to date leonardo cause he had the blue bandanna. i love blue!
and gargoyles and batman and he-man and thunderkats.
and you have all your goofy stuff like the smurfs and my little pony and gummi beeaaarrrsss (bouncing here and there and everywhheerree) which were cool and all, but.....i guess i was more of a hard ass. a hard ass who wanted to date a turtle. and loved a reading show.

yep.

tonight was hostel night at the good ol' shelter jordaan. it was dutch night. and the customary flyer said that there would be dutch lessons. i was surely let down this night. but i'm not one to hold a grudge. beyond that, i think a good time was had by all. we ate potatoes and carrots and bacons all-in-one. hanne told me later that it was a spanish invention: apparently the spanish troops had the poor farmers trapped and unable to eat, so one day this little boy (always a kid, huh) went snooping in the enemy's camp and found it to be COMPLETELY EMPTY! except for a huge pot of mashed potatocarrotmeatballdstuff and he took it home and fed his entire village. the end.

so i'm alls excited bout some dawg/gator action tomorrow night! my beloved bulldogs shall be playing the hated gators in one of the finest college football rivalries there is. and for the title. the title!! oooh...intriguing! i've prayed for God to get me a ticket and a plane to go to jacksonville, florida tomorrow, but since He's obviously just not feeling me on this one, i'll settle for a listen over the internet. oh well. should still be a thriller. i'm so stoked!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo's two cents are...

Shankaleena, my beautiful girl, you're so right, life is so random, never know for 100% what the next step is gonna be like... i thank God for holding our future in His hands.
i like cartoons, but I definitely enjoy watching movies more. Cartoons were always a special treat in my family when I was a kid. Now, movie time by a candle light, hot drink and a close people around - is a real sweet treat for me after a long tiring day...

30/10/05 11:02  
Blogger justmeghs's two cents are...

shanka my twin...what shall we be up to today? give me a ring or a shout or whatever the terminology is (you're the linguist, not me) and let's go...do whatever...haha.

31/10/05 06:04  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home