jueves, junio 15, 2006

help me help myself!

so i've been approached by 2 different departments here to interview for some positions. let me take a break and say, my great good God, i've received so much favor here in my workplace. He is surely deserving of praise! cause i sure as heck don't know what i've been doing that's so great that people would like me so much and want to see me succeed. okay. first lady who approached me was concerning a (somewhat) teaching position where i would go to individual homes and teach families how to interact with their children and help them grow. that would actually be very cool. my boss here thinks i can do it since i've been an au pair before. and this was kind of her plan in the beginning: she wanted me to get a foot in the door so that when a teaching position became available, i'd be considered. the second position would be a clerical one...from what i understand, i'd be somewhat of an administrative assistant's assistant (!). either job would be an increase in pay, with the teaching position being the higher paid one. but we know it really isn't about the money (cause if it was, i'd be a teller at a bank now). i was just thinking in these last couple of days about myself and what i want and what fulfills me. i know i can do a good job in front of a computer and telephone, but can i see myself there forever and ever? do i want to place myself in a position where i have to (egad!) become transparent (cause really, you have to be real in one-on-one interactions with others). won't i eventually become bored and irritated when i have to file ONE MORE TIME something that someone didn't file right in the first place? (that's actually already begun...) can i stretch myself to create meaningful relationships with the people i'll care for? on a slightly different note, should i make myself take classes at a local community college and earn an associate's degree that'll kick up my payscale in the teaching position (assuming that i get it) almost 3000 bucks?
i shouldn't even worry...i mean, i'm not guaranteed any of these positions. they've both told me that "i've heard/seen you've done a good job so far, and i first thought to ask you," which is really so very cool. i'd give me an 80% chance of hiring based on that alone. and with the teaching position, i'd get my gas reimbursed. do you know how much gas is?? well, i guess that's one reason to be glad i'm in the states and not in europe for it's much more expensive there.
anyway.
(almost) any advice will suffice.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo's two cents are...

strrrreeeeeettttccccchhhhh!

16/6/06 03:14  
Blogger Underhill's two cents are...

Gas is approximately $2.65 for regular unleaded fuel down towards Byron, GA.

19/6/06 16:50  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home